Founded in Beijing in 1984, Lenovo acquired IBM’s PC business in 2005 and first became the world’s top PC maker in 2013. It entered the Android and Windows tablet market in 2011, began selling Android smartphones in 2012, and acquired Motorola Mobility from Google in 2014.
Lenovo recently launched the Vibe P1m in Pakistan. This phone is the continuation of the Lenovo’s success story in smartphones technology in Pakistan, which created a lot of brand ambassadors lately.
The Vibe P1m is packed with a lot of interesting features which did get our attention as I got my hands on the Vibe P1m. After an extensive use of this phone for a week, here’s how I see this smartphone:
Battery and Charging:
Equipped with a 4000 mAh battery, the Vibe P1m gives up to 15 hours talk time and approximately 22 days standby. The Rapid Charging feature gives a few hours of talk time with just 10-15 minutes charge. Lenovo has also introduced a power saver switch which extends the battery life even more in the desperate times.
Lenovo has introduced USB On-the-Go charging. Using this feature, you can use Vibe P1m’s huge battery life to recharge your other devices and share data too.
The Vibe P1m has a 1.0GHz processor. It’s a 64-bit quad-core Mediatek MT6735P processor which delivers the optimal balance of performance and power. Backed up with 2GB of RAM, the Vibe P1m is able to take the fastest data connectivity and the latest OS Android 5.1 Lollipop.
The Vibe P1m is also 4G supported smartphone and the results are pretty impressive on 4G networks.
The Vibe P1m is equipped with a 5 mega pixels front facing camera which produced crisp selfies and video calling experience and 8 mega pixels back camera with really interesting auto-focus feature.
Splash Proof Coating:
The Vibe P1m’s splash proof, nano-coating technology protects the phone from everyday splashes and spills. It also dramatically increases the reliability of the device. The hydrophobic layer is liquid repellent, leaving no weak points to attract moisture and corrosion.
A 4G supported smartphone with really impressive 4000 mAh super charging battery life supported by a quad-core processor and 2gb RAM is a really good deal for PKR. 17,000
Lenovo Vibe P1m also comes with a screen protector and phone cover courtesy of Lenovo.
- Device type: Smart phone
- OS: Android (5.1) Vibe 2.68 UI
- Dimensions: 5.55 x 2.83 x 0.37 inches (141 x 71.8 x 9.3 mm)
- Weight: 5.22 oz (148 g) the average is 5.3 oz (151 g)
- Materials: Main body: plastic
- Rugged: Splash resistant
- Physical size: 5.0 inches
- Resolution: 720 x 1280 pixels
- Pixel density: 294 ppi
- Technology: IPS LCD
- Screen-to-body ratio: 68.01 %
- Touchscreen: Multi-touch
- Features: Light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Camera: 8 megapixels
- Flash: LED
- Features: Face detection, Self-timer, Autofocus, Touch to focus, Geo tagging
- Camcorder: Yes
- Features: Video calling
- Front-facing camera: 5 megapixels
- System chip: MediaTek MT6735P
- Processor: Quad-core, 1000 MHz, ARM Cortex-A53, 64-bit
- Graphics processor: ARM Mali-T720 MP2
- System memory: 2048 MB RAM
- Built-in storage: 16 GB
- Storage expansion: microSD, microSDHC up to 32 GB
- Talk time: 36.50 hours
the average is 15 h (896 min)
- Stand-by time: 19.0 days (456 hours)
the average is 18 days (436 h)
- Talk time (3G): 16.00 hours
the average is 15 h (915 min)
- Stand-by time (3G): 23.5 days (564 hours)
the average is 24 days (578 h)
- Talk time (4G): 16 hours
- Stand-by time (4G): 20.5 days (492 hours)
the average is 23 days (548 h)
- Capacity: 4000 mAh
- Not user replaceable: Yes
- Built-in online services support: Facebook, YouTube (upload), Picasa/Google+, Twitter
- GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- UMTS: 900, 2100 MHz
- FDD LTE: 800 (band 20), 850 (band 5), 900 (band 8), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz
- TDD LTE: 2300 (band 40) MHz
- Data: LTE Cat 4 (150/50 Mbit/s), HSPA (unspecified), HSUPA, EDGE, GPRS
- Micro SIM: Yes
- Multiple SIM cards: 2 slots
- Positioning: GPS, A-GPS
- Navigation: Turn-by-turn navigation, Voice navigation
- Bluetooth: 4.1
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b, g, n
- Mobile hotspot: Yes
- USB: USB 2.0
- Connector: microUSB
- Features: Mass storage device, USB Host, USB charging
- Other: NFC, Tethering, Computer sync, OTA sync